- BA: University of Iowa: Sociology
- BS: Iowa State University: Elementary Education
- MA: Viterbo University: Master’s of Education
International Baccalaureate Trainings:
- Category III: Inquiry
- Category II: Teaching and Learning
- 9 years teaching 3rd grade (started at Willard Elementary in 2006)
- 1 year teaching 2nd grade (WSS)
- 4th grade at WSS since 2015
I enjoy spending time with my children, Jake and Stella, that I have with my husband Pat. My hobbies include spending time with family/friends, attending my kids’ extra-curricular activities, cooking, traveling, and shopping.
Bachelor’s Degree (Dual Major of Elementary and Middle Level Education with endorsements in Science and Social Studies) from University of Northern Iowa: 2011
International Baccalaureate Training:
Category I: Making the PYP Happen, Category III: Reading and Writing through Inquiry Category III: Inquiry
I have been teaching since 2011, I have been at Walnut Street since 2011 in various rolls: 3rd grade, kindergarten, and 4th grade.
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I have a very active teen and love to support her in all that she does. I also enjoy listening to people’s stories and learning about life from their experiences when possible.