Our Mission Statement:
Walnut Street School provides a strong social, emotional, and academic foundation for students to excel as lifelong learners in a global community through intercultural understanding and respect.
CORE Values and Beliefs:
Positivity – We seek what is good within every situation and relationship.
Child Focused – We utilize children’s innate enthusiasm, creativity, and curiosity to promote individuality, strength and school unity.
Integrity – We honor our obligations with positive actions and interactions within our school and community.
Safety – We strive for an environment that protects our community physically, socially, emotionally, and educationally.
Commitment – We have a passion for learning and view every success or challenge as a limitless opportunity to learn.
International mindedness – We encourage all stakeholders in developing a global perspective through active, compassionate life-long learning, and an understanding that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
We believe in . . .
- the academic, social, and emotional development of all children.
- a collaborative partnership among children, families, staff, school district, and the community is essential to building appreciation and respect for each child’s unique capabilities.
- standards based instruction that is engaging, relevant, challenging , and significant.
- providing a positive learning experience through inquiry instruction that will produce life-long learners.
- integrating technology and related arts into a transdisciplinary day.