- BA: Simpson College: Criminal Justice and Sociology
- BA: Simpson College: Elementary Education
International Baccalaureate Trainings:
- Category I: Making the PYP Happen, Category III: Inquiry, Category II: Teaching and Learning
- 3 years teaching 4th and 5th grade at Willard Elementary School
- 1 year teaching 5nd grade at Capitol View Elementary School
- 3 years teaching 4th grade at Walnut Street
- 3rd grade at Walnut Street since 2017
Outside of school I have a very busy life with high-energy boys- Paxton, Kingston, and Sorensen. We enjoy cooking, spending time outdoors, playing sports, making arts and crafts, and traveling. We have a Standard Poodle named Fergie who is our little sidekick and completes our family!
Bachelor’s Degree (Early Childhood Education endorsement in Special Education, Early Childhood PK-2, Social Studies 5-9) from the University of Iowa: 2002
International Baccalaureate Training:Category III: Inquiry and Level 3 Concept Based Learning
I have been teaching since 2002, I have been at Walnut Street since 2014.
I love spending time with my husband and 2 sons, Alonzo and Xavier. You will find me several nights a week at many sports activities, as well as hanging out at the YMCA. I enjoy playing and listening to music, playing board games/puzzles, and decorating my house.